December 2nd - 11:25am
Keynote: The Evolution from Oracle Data Professional to Oracle Data Scientist in 6 Weeks!
Oracle Databases are the industry-leading, feature rich, powerful and simple to use databases. Oracle Machine Learning, an included feature, make machine learning simple. OML “moves the algorithms; not the data!” processing data where it resides—in the Oracle Database (On-premises, Cloud and Autonomous). Using Oracle’s “Converged Database” companies can harvest more information, discover new insights, make predictions and deliver data-driven predictive applications. Oracle Machine Learning’s 30+ in-database algorithms address many business problems such as predicting customer behavior, finding anomalies, detecting fraud, recommending cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, discovering new customer segments, performing sentiment analysis, anticipating turnover and discovering key factors. Data scientists, data analysts, data professionals and application developers, can take advantage of the power of OML using SQL, R and Python, “drag and drop” UIs, Notebooks, AutoML UI and integration with open source R and Python. Come hear what is new and how to start your “6 week journey” from Oracle Data Professional to Oracle Data Scientist!
• Experienced product management professional with over 30 years of experience in leading edge technologies in large corporations and entrepreneurial start-ups.
• During 15 years at Oracle Corporation, developed an innovative portfolio of “big data analytics” products developed as in-database SQL data mining functions and integrated "predictive analytics" applications.
• Strong technical, product management, communication and leadership skills.
• Responsible for product management and direction for the Oracle Database data mining and predictive analytics technology including Oracle Data Mining, text mining and statistical functions.
• Strong product champion, evangelist and frequent speaker in the field of predictive analytics and data mining.
• Leveraged relationships with customers, development and sales to communicate product capabilities and value proposition.